Cornhusker Kennel Club
The first meeting was held December 4, 1945 in the Colonial Room at the Lincoln Y.M.C.A. There were 15 people in attendance. In January 1946 the name of Cornhusker Kennel Club and the Constitution and By-Laws were approved by the General Membership which at that time numbered one hundred and four.
1st Dog Show
The first show date approved was a two day show on June 12 & 13 of 1946 at the State Fair Grounds in the Mercantile Building. The Judges were Mr & Mrs Meier. A total entry of 188 with an income of $822.00 was a tremendously successful first show for Cornhusker Kennel Club members and the exhibitors.
- To protect and advance the interest of all breeds of purebred dogs, and encourage sportsman-like competition at dog shows, obedience trials, tracking tests and field trials.
- To conduct Sanctioned Matches, Dog Shows, Obedience Trials and Tracking Tests under the guidance of the American Kennel Club.
- To educate the public with regard to training, breeding and proper care and maintenance of purebred dogs. CKC has donated videos of all AKC breeds to the Lincoln City Library system for public use. People can check out the videos to learn more about a specific breed.